Thursday, May 6, 2010

Most Unappreciated Wild Flower

I've been visitng family and while in New England the BLGrandkids wanted to take us on their favorite day trip - the Ben & Jerry's Factory Tour in Vermont.  It was a perfect day and I do love Ben and Jerry and their ice cream.  What I loved the most was the wonderful graphics the brand uses.  Everything at the site is decorated with their bright cloud and cow designs.  The factory tour is brief (and ends with ice cream) but they don't let you take pictures.  I'm sure this is less for industrial spying and more so no one will post  a picture of an employee doing something inapropriate on the internet.  This was unfortunate because all the walls in the areas you tour are covered with painted graphics.  I was so more interested in the walls then how they make the ice cream.  The tour views the factory floor from a small glassed in loft.  The hallway leading to it had yellow and pale blue graphics all showing Artic themes.  Penguins, polar bears, etc.  It was wonderfull!  They did tell us that if your favorite grocer doesn't carry the flavor you most want your grocery store can order a six pack just for your.
After the tour we had more ice cream at the Scoop Shop and let the kids blow off steam at the playground.  On this perfect day I noticed that the grassy hill before the playground was decorated with dandelions.  It looked like how you would paint the hill if you were producing a picture in the same style as Ben & Jerry's official graphics. 
They were adorable!  I swear it was as if they were planted.  Which made me wonder, why do we hate dandelions?  They are beautiful wild flowers but we hate on them fierce.  Look below. Can't think of anything prettier

.
Maybe my Ben & Jerry's socks

1 comment:

  1. Annie told me today that we shouldn't kill the weeds that have flowers. I told her we kill them because we didn't plant them and they grow in places where we don't want them. You make me think I should plant a field of dandelions.

    ReplyDelete