Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Old Toy Inspiration

I find inspiration everywhere but sometimes I really fall in love. 
I found this here on Etsy. 



I look at it and drool.  Not that I'm really collecting very expensive vintage toys but I love the look.  This was made by Fischer Price, I'm not sure when but I love these pre-plastic era toys.  For fun I searched other vintage Fischer Price toys and found these pull toys.
This pull toy I adore.  Circus images aren't as popular now as they were in the 1940's or 1950's.  We worry about how animals are treated and we even think clowns are scary but this circus wagon is so happy!  I love the elephant and tiger.
 This duck is so cute.  I don't know if this if before or after Disney's Donald Duck but it's clearly similar.  I think it's lots cuter.  Don't you love the little feathers on his but?

 I love the colors here.  This is a different manufacturer, I think.  The orange, green, blue and yellow look very "now".


Fisher Price did lots of Disney themed toys and usually I'm not found of them but these are part of an Easter Train based on a Disney cartoon.  I love the animals on wheels. I find myself imagining every animal I see on wheels. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! It bring tears to my eyes :)...I use to have a Dr Doodle Duck when I was a little girl... my daughter and son use it too after me :...Love it thank you for posting.
    Have a great Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete