Monday, September 19, 2011

Design Inspiration - More Scherenschnitte

I just love saying shear-n-SNIT- a. Though Scherenschnitte as practiced by an artist like Pamela Dalton makes work that is more folk or traditional in style there are artists that have made this very current.  Here's my wish list on Etsy.
Can We Shall We Valentines Laser Cut
This is done by the famous Robert Ryan or Mister Rob in London.  He sells prints or laser cut versions of his original paper cuts.
.
Paper Cuts by Joe
This guy isn't that famous, yet. So his work is actually cut out by him.   He's got some over the top listings in his Etsy shop and lots of fun designs that are within reach.  I love that he suggests that this would be a great first anniversary gift as the traditional thing to get for your first anniversary is paper.

Get to Bed art print by Rural Pearl

I love the images Angie Pickman, aka Rural Pearl does even if they're prints of her paper cuts.  Lots of bird images that are sweet but a little edgy.


There is also an Etsy artist, Cindy Ferguson, I love who doesn't list a lot in her shop but has a blog where she GIVES you templates and tells you now to make some wonderful papercuts of your own.
Print with line from hymn "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"
I don't have time for another medium but I could get into cutting paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment