Monday, May 14, 2012

Money No Object Monday, Hobbit Holes

Let me confess that I'm a fan of  "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" books.  I like Peter Jackson's movie but I loved the books since they were published in the US (yes, I am that old).  Lots of folks must love them as well for Etsy has a couple of playhouses designed for your own hobbits.
Hobbit Hut Playhouse by SuGaBuG - $2,100
This beauty above is constructed of painted plywood.  The description says it will sleep 2 adults and 1 or 2 children and the door locks with a key.  The shop owner lists their location as Zip Code 34428 which is Florida.  No shipping is listed.  Will they ship for free?
Wooden Hobbit Hole Playhouse SALE - $1,995
Another version (above) comes from Maine.  They will not ship.  You have to go pick it up. This one is on sale, they have some others to choose from.  I found their website and they do some sweet instalations:


They suggest these can be not only playhouses but chicken coops, garden sheds and they make a bigger version finished inside for a cottage. A cottage is quite a bit more than $2,000.  I want one of these in the back yard so the BLgrands can stay in it when they visit.  Go ahead, call me nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment