Thursday, April 14, 2011

Defining the "Best Loved Child"

I've been lurking on a gorgeous decorating blog, Modern Country Style.  She lives in the Cotswolds area in England and has been renovating an Edwardian house in a style she calls Modern Country.  I want to fly across the pond, knock on her door and invite myself in.  Anything to sit in her swoon worthy kitchen.  She's doing a link party on defining what your blog is.  I've been putting some thought into what I want for Best Loved Child so I thought this would be a good time to "define my blog".

I started this to chronicle my design and construction process of Best Loved Child .  I thought I could post extra pictures of product in the shop and keep of record of my life as an independent craft person/artist.

Lately this has expanded to posts about art and design for specifically children and I will do more of this.  I want to share what inspires me and explore some ideas about why we (the collective we) design the kind of toys, clothes and decor we do for our sprouts.  Like this amazing corner.  
 
From Diaper Style Memoirs
I don't see myself as a "Mommy Blogger".  I'm no longer in the trenches of diapers and play dates, though being a Mom of 6 should give me a good background for relating to moms.  I think I'm more on the level of recording and sharing ideas I would love if I were the kid. 

So here's a big thanks to Sarah of Modern Country Style. Can I come sit in your kitchen?

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am joining Sarah's lovely party from my vintage apartment in Chicago. So glad you joined, too.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    Gg - Notes on the Journey
    Link #26

    ps. I love ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I'd love that!! We can sit and drink and have a good natter. Wouldn't that be lovely? I'm SO touched by your lovely blogpost. Thank you so much.

    I'm off to look at some other posts on your blog.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete