Monday, March 5, 2012

Money No Object Monday - Burberry Trench Coat

The Burberry Trench Coat is one of the great classics that never go out of style.  It's also a luxury.  An women's Trench Coat in this famous British brand starts at $1,300.  If you wear it for years, and you could - it never goes out of style, the price could just maybe be justified.  They also make variations of the famous trench for children.
Image from "Lovey Room" blog
Little fashionistas can be as classic as their older sisters, and for a lot less.  This is so stinking cute!
Burberry Pleated Back Trench for Girls - $375
Burberry Pleated Back Trench Back View
But. . .    $375  for a kids coat?

I've purchased some brands of kids clothes that I thought were expensive and justified them because I knew that the clothing would last through several kids.  BL Baby Boy had a Gymboree overall that I paid $18 (on sale it's my version of expensive).  It was printed with fishing lures and was so cute.  I was delighted when the outfit was passed to a Best Loved Nephew, and then sent to a BL Girl and used on both her sons - and it still looked wonderful and was passed on to a friend.  For all I know it's still in circulation.

Would you ever consider a quality famous designer coat as a heirloom piece?


No comments:

Post a Comment